To our existing and new patients
All of us have been through a lot over the last few months, and our hearts go out to all who have been negatively impacted by the Covid-19. We would like to update on the changes in our practice workflow.
Our office follows infection control recommendations set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on all new rulings and guidance.
In preparation for patients returning to the office we will provide thorough and professional cleaning of our office. We will be propping doors opened to reduce your need to handle doorknobs. We will also be wiping down high traffic areas frequently throughout the day. We have installed air purification to clean the air during work-hours.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand and on site to ask health-screening questions.
- We will be wearing masks and kindly ask that you also come to the office wearing a mask.
- Please call our office at the time of your arrival. If for some reason we do not respond you can come in and wait in the common area next to our office.
- We ask that visitors to our office are restricted to just the patient or the patient and one guardian. If guardian is present, he or she can wait in the car during appointment. We will call you when the appointment is over. This is an effort to reduce traffic to the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you initially enter the office. Prior to being seated, we will ask that all patients wash and dry their hands. We will also check your temperature before appointment.
- Our reception areas will no longer offer magazines, books, tea and so forth, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Please brush your teeth prior to your appointment. We will be asking you to rinse with hydrogen peroxide that we will provide prior to you being seated.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Please be patient with us while we maintain a safe patient flow.
- You may see us wearing increased personal protective equipment including masks, faceshields and even gowns. This is for our protection as well as yours.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 206-325-7456.
Dr. Alex Shor, Kavita Shor & staff